- Place of Origin: Zhejiang, China (Mainland)
- Brand Name: FeiFei
- Model Number: CD080
- diatomite: diatomite
- diatomaceous earth: diatomaceous earth
- colour: white
- Permeability: 1.5-3.5
- Median Particle Diameter: 24
- SiO2: 90.8
- pH: 10.0
- Moisture: 0.5
- using: filter aid
- use: sugar syrups filtration
Packaging & Delivery
|Packaging Details:||25kg / ploywoven bag|
|Delivery Detail:||30 days|
Specificationsdiatomaceous earth for sugar syrups filtration
SiO2 %: >90
diatomite / diatomaceous earth filter aid for sugar industry sweeteners filtration sugar syrups sugar alcohols DE filter media
The separation of solids from liquids, or Solid-Liquid-Separation (SLS) is one of the most widely used operations in industrial processing. The desired material may be either the liquid or the solid, depending on the finished product.
Diatomaceous earth filter aid for sugar filtration
Diatomaceous earth filter aids are light in weight, chemically inert, and form high porosity filter cakes to maintain free-flow of the liquid. Specifically, an efficient filter aid is characterized by the following:
- The structure of the particles must be such that they will not pack together closely, but will form cakes that are 85% to 95% pore space. This not only permits higher initial flow rates, but also provides pore spaces to trap and contain the filterable solids while leaving a high percentage of channels open for flow.
- Diatomaceous earth filter aid for sweeteners filtration
Using of diatomite filter aids:
1. Condiment: monosodium glutamate, soy, vinegar, salad oil, colza oil, etc.
2. Beverage: beer, rat fee, yellow wine, fruit juice, wine, beverage syrupy, etc.
3. Pharmaceutical: antibiotic, vitamin, refined traditional Chinese medicine, filling for dentistry, cosmetics, etc.
4. Chemical products: organic acid, mineral acid, alkyd, oil paint, vinylite, etc.
5. Industrial oil products: lubricating oil, additives of lubricating oil, petroleum additive, trussed metal sheet oil, transformer oil, coal tar, etc.
6. Water treatment: daily waste water, industrial waste water, effluent treatment, swimming pool water, etc.
7. Sugar Industry: fruit syrup, glucose, starch sugar, sucrose, etc.
- Preliminary Inspection: Visually inspect the filter elements (particularly in the springtime) as torn or improperly fitted elements or fabric acan cause problems, and dirty or clogged elements will reduce the flow of water as well as cause short cycles.
- Precoat: This procedure is used to coat or cake the filter elements with a thin layer of DE.
- Thoroughly mix the proper amount of CD080 filter aid (depending on package instructions and filter manufacturer instructions) in a bucket with water to form a slurry.
- Apply directly to pool's skimmer.
- Backwashing & Cleaning: Backwashing the DE filter involves reversing the flow and/or hand rinsing the filter elements. Proper maintenance and thorough cleaning of the filter are necessary for obtaing good filtration results.